Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies, Migration Policy Centre
Length of contract:
18 months, full-time, starting 1 June 2020. The contract can be further renewed several times up to a total of 5 years (including the first contract period).
Title of the project:
- IT tools and methods for managing migration FLOWS-ITFLOWS
The Research Assistant will contribute to research at the MPC in the context of the Horizon 2020 project ITFLOWS (coordinated bythe Autonomous University of Barcelona). The MPC will be responsible for work within the ITFLOWS project that aims to better understand and map the reasons why possible tensions and conflicts among migrants and European citizens may occur, in order to reduce them. The Research Assistant will contribute to:
- Meta-analytical review of micro-and macro-level factors affecting attitudes to immigration
- Using existing survey datato analyse the causes of variation in attitudes towards migrants in Europe
- PhD (or equivalent professional experience) in Political Scienceor a related social science disciplineeither completed or close to completion;
- Strong quantitative research skills, including experience of multi-level modelling;
- Experience with analysing surveys of public attitudes;
- Knowledge of research literature on determinants of public attitudes to migrants;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Advanced knowledge of STATA;
- Experience of communicating and disseminating research findings
- Knowledge of R programme
- Fluent English in writing and speaking. Knowledge of at least one other European languageis an advantage.
- The closing date for applications is: 28 February 2020 at midnight (CEST).
Application procedure: Fill in the online application form and upload documents as requested. Only applications submitted through the online application form will be accepted..