The MPC is the scientific partner to the Italian Representation of the European Commission in the upcoming POLITICALLY.EU national debate on ‘Europe and Migration Policies’, which will take place on 31 March 2014 in Naples, Italy.
This national debate will focus on three topics: Migration and Demographic Change; Opportunities in the Mediterranean; and Integration and Citizenship. It aims to provide an opportunity for discussion at the national level between those responsible for defining a global strategy, those in charge of implementing policy frameworks, experts in the various fields of interest, and representatives of migrants.
The conclusions gathered during the debate will be brought to the attention of the Italian Government and the EU in order to contribute to the definition of a new European agenda for Home Affairs and the development of a consistent Italian strategy.
Please note that the event will take place in Italian and that it will be live-streamed (http://www.politically.eu/?p=381).
For more information and to download the programme, please consult: http://www.politically.eu/?p=349
To registrate to the event, please visit: http://www.politically.eu/?p=388
- Background paper written by the Migration Policy Centre (in Italian)
- Summary of the results from the Deliberation Workshop (in Italian)
- Final report – Deliberation Workshop (in Italian)
Several articles have been written on this event on the website of the Agenzia Nazionale Stampa Associata (ANSA):
- Demographic and Geopolitical Imperatives need to Drive a new Approach to Migration Policy
- Il progetto Un Erasmus per il Mediterraneo
- Immigrazione: seminario Commissione Ue, il punto sulle sfide
- Ue: ius soli e Frontex al centro del dibattito immigrazione (Also available in English: EU migration debate focuses on jus soli and FRONTEX)
31st March 2014, 2:30pm – 6:00pm. Università Federico II, Centro Congressi Federico II, Via Partenope 36, Napoli