- Ethnicity and neighbourhood attainment in England and Wales: A study of second generations’ spatial integration
- Barriers to free movement in Africa: How to remove them?
- Mobility hub or hollow? Cross-border travelling in the Mediterranean, 1995–2016
- Are ethnic minorities in the UK spatially integrating?
- Seminar with Dominik Hangartner and Anne-Marie Jeannet, 17 September 2019
- The Swinging of the Pendulum? Centre-Right Parties in a Post-Migration Crisis Europe
- Venezuelans are the first nationality of asylum seekers worldwide, but South American countries do not recognise them as refugees. Why?
- EU external migration policies in an era of global mobilities : intersecting policy universes
- Call for Papers: Migration Working Group 2019-2020
- On the road to integration? Immigrants’ demand for informal (& formal) education
- Constitutionalising the External Dimensions of EU Migration Policies in Times of Crisis
- What is happening on the US-MX Border, what is likely to happen and how you can help
- Public opinion on migrants: The effect of information and disinformation about EU policies
- Migration studies: from dehumanising to decolonising
- How Issue Salience Explains the Rise of the Populist Right in Western Europe
- International student flows from developing countries : do donors have an impact?
- The Global Transnational Mobility Dataset
- Reflections on the Global Compact on Migration from an African pespective
- An Appraisal of the European Commission of Crisis
- Second generations’ education and labour market outcomes in England and Wales
- The Greying of Europe and Public Opinion about Immigration
- Seminar: Exploring legal and political dynamics of migration governance in Europe, 7 May 2019
- Workshop: Migration between Africa and Europe: The Role of Foreign Aid and Labour Migration, 13 May 2019, Rome
- If mayors ruled migration: Promises and gaps
- Critical insights on irregular migration facilitation : global perspectives
- When do populist radical right parties succeed? Salience, stigma, and the case of the end of Iberian ‘exceptionalism’
- The Dynamics of Regional Migration Governance
- Follow us on live stream
Europe’s turning point on migration? Politics, policy and predictions ahead of the 2019 elections, 7 may 2019
- Integration policies should not pursue migration-control goals
- How are attitudes towards immigrants in Europe shaped by regional contexts?
- Public attitudes on migration: rethinking how people perceive migration
- Migration Conditionality in EU external funding, an interview with Prof. Andrew Geddes
- Seminar: On the causes and effects of attitudes to immigration, 18 May
- Migration Working Group – Governing Religion and Addressing Violent Radicalisation: Empirical and Theoretical Insights, 28 May 2019
- Book Launch: The Dynamics of Regional Migration Governance, 1 July 2019
- ECSR Workshop: The dynamics of neighbourhood segregation, 11 April 2019
- Bridging the Gaps: Linking Research to Public Debates and Policy Making on Migration and Integration
Open Access, Oxford University Press
- Fighting myths about immigration? Facts and evidence are not enough.
- What Agenda for the Next European Parliament?
Policy Papers – Special Edition
- National Institutions and the Fiscal Effects of EU Migrants
- Foreign assistance and emigration : accounting for the role of non-transferred aid
- Immigrant naturalisation, employment and occupational status in western Europe
- Making sense of the refugee crisis : governance and politicisation of asylum-seekers’ reception in Northern Italy
- 15th Migration Summer School
Bridging the gaps: Connecting research, public debates and policy-making on migration
Florence, 24 June – 5 July 2019
- Fit for purpose? The Facilitation Directive and the criminalisation of humanitarian assistance to irregular migrants
- What is the Global Compact for Migration and why are countries opposing it?
- Using EU aid to address the root causes of migration and refugee flows
- Migration and the ‘rise of the right’ in South America: Is there an increasing anti-immigration sentiment in the Southern Cone?
- A Rising Tide? The Salience of Immigration and the Rise of Anti‐Immigration Political Parties in Western Europe
- Policing Humanitarianism: EU Policies Against Human Smuggling and their Impact on Civil Society
- Migration Working Group – Labour Market Integration of Migrants and Refugees, 26 March 2019
- Contesting the deportation state? Political change aspirations in protests against forced returns
- City Networks and the Multilevel governance of migration. Policy discourses and actions
- Can labour immigration work for refugees?
- Blog post: Why Are Sicilian Mayors Leading the Opposition to Salvini’s Asylum Policies in Italy?
- MPC Seminar: Exploring global travel data: methodological challenges and substantive insights, 22 January 2019
- Evaluating the “Salvini Decree”: doubts of constitutional legitimacy
- Seminar: Exploring the dynamics of international migration governance in South America, North America and Europe, 19 February 2019
- Seminar: Towards a methodology for assessing the effects of asylum policies on asylum flows, 12 February 2019.
- MPC Seminar: All that glitters is not gold: The limits of progressive refugee protection in Latin America, 15 January 2019
- Can Labour Immigration Work for Refugees?
- The experiences of women on the migration pathway – and the stories we tell ourselves
- Seminar: Migrants strategies for mobility: education and smuggling, 9 April 2019
- Migration Working Group – Parties, Attitudes and Migration, 29 January 2019
- The Migration Policy Centre Annual Conference, 23-24 May 2019
Migration between Africa and Europe: knowledge production, attitudes, and governance
- Save the Date
15th Migration Summer School, 25 June – 5 July 2019
- Seminar: Multilevel Governance of Migration, 13 November 2018
- Migration Working Group – Trans-Asia as method: de-westernising, de-nationalising and de-academicising knowledge production in Asia, 16 October 2018
- How does Trump’s anti-refugee policy affect the EU?
- Bridging the Gaps: Linking Research to Public Debates and Policy Making on Migration and Integration
- The governance of migration and diversity in cities
- Brazil elections 2018: how will Bolsonaro’s victory affect migration policy in Brazil and South America?
- Beyond Smuggling: Tunisia’s on-the-ground responses and perspectives to EU’s counter-smuggling practices, 14 January 2019
- Foreign assistance and migration choices : disentangling the channels
- Transnational Terrorism and Restrictive Immigration Policies, 9 October 2018
- Children and irregular migration practices : missing children or missing data?
- Reforming Europe’s refugee policies: Austrian-Danish plan will not work
- A new job opportunity at MPC
- EU-Africa Migration: The Role of Aid and Labour Migration, 3 December 2018, Brussels
- Missing migrant children and families: Expert meeting on migrant deaths and disappearances
- Welcome to MPC new staff members and visitors.
- Call for a science-based approach to policies on immigration
- The Politics of European Union Migration Governance
- Labor immigration programmes in high-income countries: variations across political regimes and varieties of capitalism
- The impact of youth labour market experiences on later employment opportunities : what roles do ethnicity and gender play?
- The impact of foreign aid on migration revisited
- International Conference, Buenos Aires, 3-4 October 2018
and on Facebook live stream
- The Migration Working Group 2018-2019
- New and improved OPAM 2.0
- First UNODC Global Study on Smuggling of Migrants
- Flexible Solidarity: A comprehensive strategy for asylum and immigration in the EU – 2018 MEDAM Assessment report on asylum and migration policies in Europe
- “National institutions vs common EU policies?” The politics of ‘free movement’ in the EU
- Beyond the headlines: family separations along the US Southern border
- “REGISTRATION OPEN – International Conference on ‘Crisis of Governability? The politics of migration governance in Latin America & Europe’.
- Limits of Solidarity? Narratives and Attitudes towards Migration
State of the Union, 10 May 2018
- ‘The national vs the foreigner in South America. 200 years of migration and citizenship law’: Book Launch on 2 July.
- Seminar on 22 June “Temporary labour migration and the UN Global Compact for Migration: from guest workers to immigrants”, by Professor Philip Martin (UC Davis)
- Five misconceptions about migrant smuggling
- Beyond ‘Coyotes’: Current Trends in the Facilitation of Irregular Migration in Latin America
- Ethnicity and Neighborhood in England and Wales
- Cross Migration, H2020 project, “Towards Systematic Knowledge Accumulation in Migration Studies”
- Metropolis International Steering Committee meeting and seminar ‘Contemporary realities and dynamics of migration in Italy’, 12-13 April 2018
- Highlights from the Migration Policy Centre’s Annual Conference
- The Role of European Mobility and its Impacts in Narratives, Debates and EU Reforms.
- Call for papers – ‘Crisis of Governability? The politics of migration governance in Latin America & Europe’
- Does ethnic concentration influence gender role views? A study across ethnic groups in England and Wales
- Brexit and the perils of ‘Europeanised’ migration
- Understanding rural migration in Tunisia
- Giving evidence on attitudes to migration at the European Parliament
- New Publication “The Future of the Schengen Area: Latest Developments and Challenges in the Schengen Governance Framework since 2016”
- The Special Eurobarometer on Integration of Immigrants in the European Union: An initial reaction
- High-level seminar: Contemporary realities and dynamics of migration in Italy
- Migrant Smuggling as a Collective Strategy and Insurance Policy: Views from the Margins
- 14th Migration Summer School
- Call for abstracts: 2018 International Academic Conference on Organized Crime and Gender
- Film Series on Migration, Inclusion and Diversity
March – June 2018
- Roundtable on Migration and the Future of Britain, 28 February, London
- Kick off work shop of the Global Mobilities Project, 26th February 2018
- “From Market Integration to core state powers: the Eurozone crisis, the refugee crisis and integration” – A seminar by Philipp Genschel, 19 February 2018
- Why immigration has the potential to upend the Italian election
- The Future of Europe as a Cultural Fact – A Conversation with Arjun Appadurai, 31 January 2018, EUI
- The Global Mobilities Project
- Area of Freedom, Security and Justice: the untapped potential
- Conference – The Ethics of Migration beyond the Immigrant-Host State Nexus, 11-12 January 2018, EUI
- The Theory of Change and Response : A New Agenda for Research on Population and Development in Africa, by Professor Yves Charbit, 19 December 2018, EUI
- The Drivers of the Brexit Vote: What we know so far, by Professor Matthew Goodwin
- Three questions to experts on Migration in the Mediterranean region
- The Drivers of the Brexit Vote: What we know so far, by Professor Matthew Goodwin, 4 December 2018, EUI
- Prospects for International Migration Governance
- MPC-UNODC Workshop: When smuggling goes wrong, 26-27 October 2017
- New Observatory of Public Attitudes to Migration (OPAM)
- The Yves Mény Annual Lecture: The Drivers of Migration Governance, by Andrew Geddes, 28 September 2017, EUI
- Call for papers – The Ethics of Migration
- Launch of the Observatory of Public Attitudes to Migration, 20 September 2017, Brussels
- Andrew Geddes: Shifting attitudes to migration starts with trusted political leaders
- Launch of a new study on unaccompanied and separation children in Jordan, Lebanon and Greece
- Workshop: Dimension of Migration to/from/in Central Asia, 5-6 June 2017, European University Institute, Florence
- Thinking beyond the crisis: Future governance of migration in Europe, 20 June 2017, CEPS, Brussels
- Workshop on Culture and Migration: An empirical approach, 13 June 2017, Turin
- Conference: The Dynamics of Regional Migration Governance, 25-26 May 2017, European University Institute, Florence
- Presentation of the first MEDAM Asylum and Migration Report at the Think 20 Summit GLOBAL SOLUTIONS, 29-30 May 2017, Berlin
- 2017 MEDAM Assessment Report launched
- The MPC hosts its XIII Migration Summer School
- Technical meeting of the Observatory of Public Attitudes to Migration (OPAM), 22 May 2017, European University Institute, Florence
- High-level public event
Thinking beyond the crisis: Labour migration and mobility in the Euro-Mediterranean region 19 May 2017, Istituto Affari Internazionali, Rome
- Interviews with MPC new Director Andrew Geddes
- The State of the Union: Building a People’s Europe, 4-6 May 2017, Florence
- International Workshop on Human Smuggling, 6-7-8 April 2017, University of Texas at El Paso (USA)
- Identifying challenges and developing action strategies for European asylum and migration-related policies
- Call for Applications: XIII Migration Summer School – Beyond the Crisis
- Forget all you think you know about human smuggling. The human smugglers roundtable is back.
- REDIAL: Third European Synthesis Report
- A set of statistical variables and interactive maps related to youth rural migration in Tunisia
- New Redial blog post on the return procedure in Italy
- Workshop call for abstracts: The Dynamics of Regional Migration Governance, 25-26 May 2017, European University Institute, Florence
- Uptick in African Refugees Expected to Continue
- A new study on the socioeconomic profile of migrants arriving in Italy
- Call for Papers for an International Workshop on Human Smuggling, 6-7-8 April 2017, University of Texas at El Paso (USA)
- New job opportunity: Research Fellow
- ‘From Refugees to Workers’: New study on labour market integration of refugees
- MPC facilitates a regional training workshop on migration for EU Delegations in East Africa
- Conference on the Challenges in the legal and judicial implementation of the Return Directive, Brussels, 21 October 2016
- A lecture on “Mediterranean Migration: Crisis and Responses” by Philippe Fargues
- Migration Summer School brought together academics and practitioners of 22 nationalities
- MPC on Refugee Movements
- Critical Approaches to Irregular Migration Facilitation: Dismantling the Human Smuggler Narrative – The Follow-Up
- Findings of REFMISMES Project presented in Brussels
- 9th International Conference on Migration and Development
- Call for Applications: XII Migration Summer School – Approaches to International Migration at Origin and Destination: Theories, Policies and Methods for Analysis
- EUI Forum on Migration, Citizenship and Demography: Follow-Up
- Desperately searching for solidarity in EU asylum policies” – Philippe De Bruycker talks to the EUI Times on solidarity in EU Asylum policies.
- New MPC Research Report by Luigi Achilli
- REFMISMES Final Workshop on the labour market integration of refugees
- Kiel Institute for the World Economy job posting: Postdoc Researcher – Economics of Migration
- “Back to Syria?”: New article in the ORIENT by Luigi Achilli, Research Associate at the MPC
- Podcast: “Refugees in the Middle East and Europe: Crisis and Response” with Philippe Fargues.
- Philippe Fargues participates in the MED – Rome Mediterranean Dialogues
- The MPC launches a study on labour market integration support measures for refugees and asylum-seekers in Europe
- New job opportunity:
Programme Director of the Migration Policy Centre (Chair in Migration Studies, Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies)
- New event:
Forum on Migration, Citizenship and Demography, Conference on Demography
- New publication by Katharina Lenner – Alternative Voices on the Syrian Refugee Crisis in Jordan – An Interview Collection
- Call for Papers: 9th International Conference on MIGRATION AND DEVELOPMENT
- Refugee movements will continue and economic migrations will rise
- A Note on Syrian Refugees in the Gulf: Attempting to Assess Data and Policies
- Middle East refugees face complex landscapes
- Call for Papers
- Philippe Fargues participates in Vicinities Europe TV talk show on the migrant and refugee crisis
- Turkey and the EU: consensus or contention?
- MPC opens a website on the Migrant Crisis
- Katharina Lenner – Best Dissertation in 2014, German Middle East Studies Association
- The Former Yugoslav Republic Of Macedonia
- Czech Republic
- MPC Study for the European Parliament on labour migration to the EU
- Migration from North Africa and the Middle East: Skilled Migrants, Development and Globalisation
- Final publications of the MISMES Project
- MPC facilitates an internal European Commission workshop on migration and development in Dakar
- MPC facilitates a regional training workshop on migration in Bangkok
- “Celebrating” World Refugee Day with four million Syrian refugees on our doorstep
- About the European Agenda on Migration
- The Mediterranean Migrant Crisis
- Migration Policy Centre launches new project on solidarity and responsibility sharing in the EU asylum policy
- Migration and Mobility in Ukraine: what is the impact of the current military conflict?
- Transforming the “Blues Card” into a Truly Blue Card